We’re Looking For: Accounting Manager
MORGAN Li based in Chicago Heights Illinois is actively recruiting for an Accounting Manager. This individual will ideally bring seven-plus years of accounting management experience to the table and take responsibility for overseeing the company’s books and records. Answering to our Controller, our Accounting Manager will lead the accounting team and work to reinforce our commitment to provide timely and accurate financials statements.
General Purpose of Job: Accounting Manager
The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department. They’re also responsible for establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
The Accounting Manager is key in maintaining and analyzing the general ledger in order to produce accurate and timely financial reports and statements in partnership with the Controller.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To succeed, the accounting manager manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department at an $80+ million manufacturer of fixtures, furniture, and graphics.
Among the core duties:
- Manage and oversee daily operations of accounting department including:
- Month and year-end process
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Cash receipts
- General ledger
- Budgeting and cash flow
- Capital assets reconciliations
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports and statements
- Assist in annual audits
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
This position has a level of supervisory responsibilities. Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams will utilize Accounting Manager for assistance coding invoices or cash receipts. Account Manager will also lead teams in best practices for their departments.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Financial Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Business English, clear verbal communication, excellent redaction, and Bilingual English – Spanish are desirable.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting required with a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a senior management position.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CMA or CPA desirable but not required
On-the-job time spent in the following physical activities will be:
- Standing: Less than 1/3 of time.
- Walking: Less than 1/3 of time.
- Sitting: More than 2/3 of time.
- Use of hands to finger, handle, or feel: None
- Reach with hands and arms: None
- Climb or balance: None
- Talk or hear: 1/3 to 2/3 of time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl: None
This job requires exposure to the following environmental conditions:
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather): None
- Work near moving mechanical parts: None
- Work in high, precarious places: None
- Fumes or airborne particles: None
- Toxic or caustic chemicals: None
- Outdoor weather conditions: None
- Extreme cold (non-weather): None
- Extreme heat (non-weather): None
- Risk of electrical shock: None
- Work with explosives: None
Loud noise (examples: metal can manufacture department, large earth-moving equipment) is typical for the work environment of this job.
Excellent interpersonal / communications skills, polished presentation skills, and capability to engage and collaborate with business units and corporate leadership. Creates and sustains effective cross-business and cross-functional relationships.
Who Is Morgan Li?
MORGAN Li is a new breed of manufacturing, offering custom store fixture, hospitality, and retail environment solutions with a nimble, efficient, and innovative approach to keep up with the evolving landscape of its customers industries.
Founded in 2009 by CEO Andrew Rosenband, MORGAN Li has global capabilities while simultaneously being the most agile and solution-oriented manufacturer. Morgan Li’s capabilities include fabrication of custom metal, wood, acrylic and led materials for retail and hospitality environments.
MORGAN Li provides services and capabilities to leaders within the retail and hospitality industries, providing fixture, display, and storage solutions from showrooms to trade show floors with custom or refurbished pieces. The company is beginning expanded growth efforts within the brand, grocery, CPG and healthcare and professional space.
Ready to Talk? We Can’t Wait to Hear from You
Interested in a career with Morgan Li? We’re always looking for professional, hard-working people who are committed to producing quality products and delivering great customer service. We take pride in our team and consider employee appreciation to be one of the most important fundamentals of our company. With us, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career in a family environment with great benefits.
If you’d like to join one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S., please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
We’re excited to hear from you. Drop us your information and we’ll get back to you shortly.
Meet Our Team
Every day our team brings forth a hustle, energy and level of collaboration you’d be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. Our leaders are part of each project for each partner and work with the team at every step…The Team