We’re Looking For: Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager
MORGAN Li based in Chicago Heights Illinois is actively recruiting for an EHS Manager. This individual will ideally bring three-plus years in a senior management position to the table and take responsibility for providing, maintaining, and overseeing the safety of the company’s buildings, equipment, and operations. Answering to our VP of Manufacturing & Quality, our EHS Manager will lead the safety action team and work to reinforce our commitment to providing a safe workplace.
General Purpose of Job: EHS Manager
The Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager is responsible for providing, maintaining, and overseeing the safety of the company’s buildings, equipment, and operations, also is responsible to lead the safety action team at Morgan Li.
The EHS Manager is responsible for developing, planning, coordinating, and directing environmental and health/safety activities to ensure employee engagement and regulatory compliance.
Their duties include being an active member of the management group to make decisions regarding contracts with service providers to keep grounds in adequate conditions to prevent accidents, inspecting facilities to meet safety regulations, regularly performing safety internal audits, and performing safety training enforcing tasks that promote a clean and safe working environment for the building’s employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To succeed, the EHS manager will work through staff to achieve safety regulations and standards regulated by OSHA, performing activities in compliance with established law regulations. The Manager EHS ensures the organization complies with current and future internal and external regulations and standards and protects its reputation.
Among the core duties:
- Monitor EHS performance, identify risks, areas of improvement, conduct and manage EHS audits and on-site inspections to identify EHS workplace hazards
- Manage investigation of EHS incidents, prepare reports and recommendations, implement waste management programs, develop and drive EHS trainings, manage relationships with community of EHS stakeholders.
- Provide expertise and advice on EHS issues to area managers and top leadership.
- Eliminate the risk of occupational injury and illness, and environmental non-compliance in a manufacturing environment.
- Set the standard and cultivate the EHS culture in the plant.
- Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of the interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots, and outdoor spaces.
- Consistently work on continuous improvements throughout the manufacturing facility to avoid accidents caused by lack of safety measures, saving costs, and helping the company be more profitable.
- Creating reports after safety audits to make decisions as a company to perform maintenance, repairs, and other occurrences to ensure safety practices and avoid accidents.
- Coordinate OSHA inspections, audits, and assessments creating an environment to reach each requirement to maintain a safe work environment.
- Coordinate compliance audits, inspections, including insurance inspections.
This position has a level of supervisory responsibilities. Department Managers could report indirectly to the EHS Manager; they also, Will lead regular meetings with the management, reporting to the VP of Manufacturing and Quality, COO, CEO, CFO, and Board of directors.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Financial Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Business English, clear verbal communication, excellent redaction, and Bilingual English – Spanish are desirable.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sciences, or Engineering is required with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a senior management position. This individual demonstrates critical competencies in four broad categories: commitment to results, business safety, leading change, and motivation.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM)
- Must have good communicational skills
- Certified in Safety procedures and policies
- 5S, lean manufacturing methodologies.
On-the-job time spent in the following physical activities will be:
- Standing: 1/3 to 2/3 of time.
- Walking: 1/3 to 2/3 of time.
- Sitting: Less than 1/3 of time.
- Use of hands to finger, handle, or feel: 1/3 to 2/3 of time.
- Reach with hands and arms: 1/3 to 2/3 of time
- Climb or balance: 1/3 to 2/3 of time.
- Talk or hear: 1/3 to 2/3 of time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl: None
This job requires exposure to the following environmental conditions:
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather): None
- Work near moving mechanical parts: None
- Work in high, precarious places: None
- Fumes or airborne particles: None
- Toxic or caustic chemicals: None
- Outdoor weather conditions: None
- Extreme cold (non-weather): None
- Extreme heat (non-weather): None
- Risk of electrical shock: None
- Work with explosives: None
Loud noise (examples: metal can manufacture department, large earth-moving equipment) is typical for the work environment of this job.
Excellent interpersonal / communications skills, polished presentation skills, and capability to engage and collaborate with business units and corporate leadership. Creates and sustains effective cross-business and cross-functional relationships.
Who Is Morgan Li?
MORGAN Li is a new breed of manufacturing, offering custom store fixture, hospitality, and retail environment solutions with a nimble, efficient, and innovative approach to keep up with the evolving landscape of its customers industries.
Founded in 2009 by CEO Andrew Rosenband, MORGAN Li has global capabilities while simultaneously being the most agile and solution-oriented manufacturer. Morgan Li’s capabilities include fabrication of custom metal, wood, acrylic and led materials for retail and hospitality environments.
MORGAN Li provides services and capabilities to leaders within the retail and hospitality industries, providing fixture, display, and storage solutions from showrooms to trade show floors with custom or refurbished pieces. The company is beginning expanded growth efforts within the brand, grocery, CPG and healthcare and professional space.
Ready to Talk? We Can’t Wait to Hear from You
Interested in a career with Morgan Li? We’re always looking for professional, hard-working people who are committed to producing quality products and delivering great customer service. We take pride in our team and consider employee appreciation to be one of the most important fundamentals of our company. With us, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career in a family environment with great benefits.
If you’d like to join one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S., please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
We’re excited to hear from you. Drop us your information and we’ll get back to you shortly.
Meet Our Team
Every day our team brings forth a hustle, energy and level of collaboration you’d be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. Our leaders are part of each project for each partner and work with the team at every step…The Team