With 2019 just around the corner, we’re eager for all it holds for us at MORGAN Li. 2018 was an amazing year with great accomplishments that we hope to carry forward into the new year.
As we look back in 2018, there’s so much we are proud of at MORGAN Li. There’s been exciting growth, achievements, new team members and continued momentum. While it’s hard to pick all the great things from the past year, here are five stand-out achievements and moments we’re proud of. Thank you to all who have helped in such a successful year; we hope this holiday season is full of happiness, peace and health.
- Crain’s Chicago Top 50: This year, MORGAN Li was named the top fastest growing manufacturing company in Chicago, as well as the overall 12th fastest growing company by Crain’s Chicago. We are proud of this and of the work that allowed us to be recognized by our city’s top business news outlet.
- Bunk Bed Gurus: There’s no denying hotel concepts are evolving and so are we. This is the year we established our true expertise and title of Bunk Bed Gurus for boutique, affordable luxury hotels and hostels. Many hoteliers are moving towards space saving solutions and options and we nailed it on the head with our bunk beds and out of closet solutions. This year MORGAN Li has expanded in the hospitality world with full momentum. This includes bringing on hospitality expert, Tery R. Young as MORGAN Li’s Chief Creative Officer, helping us grow and expand in this space. While we’ve been working with hospitality clients over the past year, it was our presence as exhibitors at this year’s BD|NY show that took us to a new level.
- Strong partnerships with existing and new clients: We are grateful, always, for our long-standing partnerships with clients such as Walmart, Gap and Old Navy, to name a few, but we added some new partners to the roster in 2018. Some of the new clients and brands we’ve worked with include ADIDAS, Barnes & Noble, New Balance, Vans, Athleta and Away. We were also thrilled to work with Wheelhouse Hotel in our very own Chicago. Morgan Li helped with the Wheelhouse Hotel’s renovation by providing custom furniture and beds for their hotel rooms, lobby, and public spaces, including unique bunk beds that are sure to tickle the fancy of the Millennial seeking a quirky “experience.” The end result is a fun, engaging design that delivers a warm welcome to visitors of all ages.
- Expanding our capabilities: This past year we made some key capital investments that have expanded our production capabilities and improved our turnaround time. In the past 12 months, MORGAN Li has invested in a BySmart fiber laser 3015 and an Xact Smart press brake from Bystronic Inc. Additionally, a robotic welding station was installed as was a vacuum material handling solution for the new laser cutter. These new investments and machines, paired with the robotic welding, give MORGAN Li a highly productive fabrication cell, which means we can offer even more, faster, to our customers, creating prototypes in days, not weeks.
- Adding New Faces: Lastly, we have the best people in the industry and we’re thrilled that we’ve added more people as part of team MORGAN Li and expect to keep growing in 2019. As Andy wrote in Forbes, there’s ongoing needs for labor in manufacturing and we’re grateful for the familiar faces we’ve seen over the years and the new ones who have recently joined.